Resources for Children & Families
Helping one another to grow in faith:
- God With Us Advent Study 2020: From our Lutheran cousins, a guided week-by-week “Study” including scripture, a Reflection, questions to consider, and a prayer for each week.
- D365.org: This daily devotional is geared to young people but lovely for all, including an opportunity to pause, listen, think, pray and go for each day, in an easy format.
- AdventWord: A “worldwide Advent Calendar community”, you can sign up to receive a daily Advent meditation, join the Facebook Group, read others’ prayers, and more: your choice of how deep to dive.
- Journeying The Way Of Love - 2020 Advent Calendar: A wonderful calendar to print based on Presiding Bishop Michael Curry’s “Way of Love”.
- Simple Advent Spotify Playlist: a rich and varied playlist to enjoy in the background as you work or relax.
- A Mason Jar Advent: From SALT, a digital download activity to purchase - “tags” to go in a mason jar, drawing out one each day for a prayer, action, or activity to make Advent meaningful.
- Advent in a Box: One for families - instructions for creating a box of Advent faith-building activities. It includes free downloads and ideas/links to follow to purchase (or replicate yourself) like making an advent wreath, telling the story of Jesus’ birth, etc.
- Anti-Racism Resources: a resource to white people and parents to deepen our anti-racism work.
- Anti-Racism Books: Readings to Embrace Race, Provide Solace & Do Good.
- Books for Littles: If you’re nervous about talking about race with your kids, these books about racial diversity will give you an easy place to start destigmatizing difference & celebrating racial diversity.